KX-T: Strange Disconnects

Dave Phelps tippenring at tippenring.com
Mon Feb 9 17:18:46 PST 2004

The key is to be able to duplicate the problem at will. Once you're able
to duplicate it, you'll be able to nail it down.

First, swap lines 3 and 4, and see if the problem moves. If the problem
stays on line 4, then it's the card.

If the problem moves to line 3, swap 3 and 4 back, then remove line 4
from the surge protector (unless the surge protector is grounded
directly, it's not doing much good anyway).

If that doesn't resolve it, DC from the KSU and answer the line directly
with a buttset at the KSU.

If the problem is still there, do the same thing at the demarc.

If the problem is still there, then send it to the LEC. If the problem
goes away, change to a new feed pair.