KX-T: guess why it was happening every 24 hours?

CP cp at telephonesecurity.com
Fri Feb 13 06:08:19 PST 2004

> So any guess why it was happening every 24 hours?

Now you have the real fun question... Sherlock Pholnes

If a digi pair had been shorted say to an analog pair, and that analog pair
rang only certain times each day (fax, alarm system, credit card...), that
could possible cause the trouble.

I had a company with something similar.  I spent quite a few hours on it,
left a laptop on the smdr to try to track any time related incidents - no
luck there.
Almost all extensions were using pre-existing wiring in the building so I
didn't know the quality. I removed all analog pairs from any jack where it
was not needed (digital station jacks) - you do this at the cross-connect
blocks, of course- and the problem went away.  I could have done more
trouble shooting to find out exactly which station was doing it but since
the problem came only once or twice a day, that would have taken a number of
days/ site visits. All phones were digital and the blue pairs were not being
used at all anyway so we left it that way and they've been happy ever since.

Charles