KX-T: TD500 and VoIP

weslakerudy at netscape.net weslakerudy at netscape.net
Wed Feb 18 20:51:49 PST 2004

Hi Mike;

you can hook up the Multi-tech unit to either a spare co port or analog extension port. On a two port unit in the main office, hook up 1 line to a spare co port so users press the co line and dial an "extension" of the appropriate remote site.  The remote site  call into the main office, which come sin on a spare analog port, and has station features IE: paging, dial 9 for outside line aceess (if allowed) etc.  Maybe put small Panasonics in the remote offices and the VOIP box on analog ports there too.

There was a company that made digital extension extenders, Cisco bought the company and immediately ceased making the box..how conveinent.  NEC
has a box that allows you to put actual NEC extensions (phones) in remote offices and have all system features.

Hope that helps.

Rudy